Tuesday, August 19, 2008

#8 Sharing your Creations on Blog or Website

Wow I remember this one taking quite a bit of time. I chose the site www.Slideshare.net Yes I needed to create an account complete with username and pswd.
What I did was watch a presentation made by Merlin Mann. The brains behind an even longer Web 2.0 discovery "class" called 43FOLDERS.COM

This presentation like the one I remember from Stick 7 was equally applicable.
1. Identify Leaks
2 Govern Access
3. Minimize Notifications
4. Work in Dashes
5. Renegotiate
So what is he talking about? Amazingly these 5 Patterns apply to so many areas of our lives.
1. Find the holes and seal them to stop junk from coming in.
2. Govern Access: Be mindful about decisions about who gets access 1) to you 2) when 3) anad for how long. Who gets Access NOW, cuz it says alot about who you are.
3. Minimize notifications. Turn off the "mindless" bells and whistles. Save alarms for REAL attention needs.
4. Break your tasks down into your "typical" windows of availability or it will not get done.
Work in Dashes. 10/50 = Collect and Process for 10 Minutes --> Work for 50 Minutes REPEAT
Renegotiate: Don't say a Flat OUT YES the first time. Qualify it as a Yes but.... *Kinda * Maybe * Later * A Little

Motivating yes, But does not isnspire me to take even more time and create one of my own.

I emailed this presentation to myself as a reminder to keep searching for a Really good one to add to my blog site.

No comments: