Monday, August 4, 2008

finishing #2

I have done quite a bit of research with my 23 Sticks just haven't blogged about my findings.

After checking out many of the sites that I bookmarked on Web 2.0, I feel the need to do some hands on projects. There was quite a bit of opinionated commentary that went along with Stick # 2. I got the feeling that Web 2.0 was a brand new why of thinking with a brand new wave of the future. My summary of Web 2.0 is that it is a name for how librarians and other techies are integrating web tools into their everyday jobs. It is not a brand new way of thinking only for librarians, but rather a new direction librarians need to explore. It is broadening their field. Libraries can no longer have an IT person handle the computer end of technology. Paper card catalogs are out and Marc is in and it is all online. As a librarian, I need to become more tech savvy and basically become that IT expert when I have no formal backround training in that field. That is where something like the 23 Sticks and also LibraryU are leading me in exploring the areas that I will need to be more in the know.

No comments: